Amidst the angst and gloom of the events of the last few weeks (and longer?) it feels good to be working on my new play which will be opening this summer – this time it’s not a solo…but is for TWO people. One British (yours truly), and one Japanese.
(Both photos by SIMON RICHARDSON)
The play concerns the events leading up to the dropping of the first atomic bomb in 1945 (so it’s the 75th anniversary this year, this August, in fact ) – and the devastating consequences of that event.
- Not the end of the road…
- Leaving WW1 behind (for the moment…)
- Obama helps me out on Easter Sunday
- White Van Pacifist Man on the road again
- Conscientious objectors still in prison in 1919
- 52 characters – all with a sore throat (highlights from my whirlwind tour of the UK – November 2018)
- An offering of ginger biscuits from a WW1 CO – ( well, his daughter-in-law to be precise)
- November 2018
- From Washington to Wickenby