In Medieval times when you wanted a leak you just popped outside and did your business on the cobblestones or in the gutter and it would (hopefully) run away with all the other medieval fluids and detritus.
No such things in those long-distant days as ‘facilities’, ‘the gents’, ‘the ladies’, nappy-changing cubicles or disabled loos with emergency cords.
Haven’t we come a long way?
- White Van Pacifist Man on the road again
- Conscientious objectors still in prison in 1919
- 52 characters – all with a sore throat (highlights from my whirlwind tour of the UK – November 2018)
- An offering of ginger biscuits from a WW1 CO – ( well, his daughter-in-law to be precise)
- November 2018
- From Washington to Wickenby
- August 6th
- To Walk or Not to Walk…
- Couch potatoes – and a glass of Guinness